After a Long Day

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Raven (ARGD)

After a Long Day

Post by Raven (ARGD) » March 24th, 2013, 4:44 am

On my stomach, I stretch
Across an open bed
And embrace the weighted pages
That whisper my name.

All I want to do
Is write until
All the words I can't unthink
Have openly bled,
Permanently spread across paper.

Just leave me to curl,
Passed out in the deep red
Waves of degeneration
As the spiral binding
Marks me as
Its own.

ImageImageImageImage

SwingingPistol

Re: After a Long Day

Post by SwingingPistol » March 24th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Writer's often don't talk about their emotions, but they write down everything they feel.. which is a great release, especially people of that habit. When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, and you finally get that chance to sit down and write, it's such a wonderful, relieving feeling.. the last stanza is depressed and saddening, letting you get a glimpse into the emotions that the speaker is feeling. really awesome work here. Thanks for sharing!

SP

Baywriter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Baywriter » March 25th, 2013, 11:01 am

This piece speaks about a subject that is all too familiar for many of us. I empathize with the speaker here because you've eloquently described this experience. I thought the idea of weighted pages was interesting, as if they are heavy with the burden of having to be there at all. Writing is a release, but this seems to indicate that it is also a burden. Also something relatable. Nice work.

Bay

3 replies for every poem you post! You get what you give!

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » October 9th, 2016, 3:51 am

I think we can all relate to this. You have that need to record things, to set your thoughts down. You don't want to forget so you carry a notebook with you.

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » March 13th, 2019, 10:49 am

Well done on the spotlight for this. I love the almost hidden rhyming. Nice job.

ImageImage

Ladywildalice
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Ladywildalice » March 16th, 2019, 9:38 am

Dear Raven: Congratulations on the Spotlight, most well deserved, indeed. In my opinion, creative / artistic souls are people who are more attuned to the range of human emotions. Perhaps they are a little more fine-tuned to the frequencies of pain, loss, anger, frustration, love and passion, need and longing, life, death, fear and rage, hope and wistful urges. And I believe the more fine-tuned they become, the more intense those feelings play out in their hearts and minds. That kind of emotion is often terribly difficult to relate, to share, with others who can not or will not identify with them. And so, we turn to writing, sculpting, painting, music, dance....some "artistic" way of releasing, of touching, of sharing. This is an excellent write and I really enjoyed becoming familiar with it. Again, congrats on the spotlight.

'Where ecstasy leaves gravity and dances with wild eyes' by Ladywildalice

Josie

Post by Josie » April 3rd, 2019, 12:34 am

The 'Mom' in me wanted to cover you with a blanket and gently remove those objects that could leave their marks on you, the pen and the notebook.
Now that I am a much older person, I fall asleep in the middle of my writing and the scrawl that I manage to get on paper is unreadable. Congratulations on the spotlight.

Image Image