today

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
konch
Elite Member
Elite Member

today

Post by konch » January 13th, 2014, 12:33 am

From my lonely trail:
A Buddhist monastery
Shrouded in thin mist

Throughout the whole absurd life I'd lived, a dark wind had been rising toward me from somewhere deep in my future, across years that were still to come, and as it passed, this wind levelled whatever was offered to me at the time”
― Albert Camus, The Stranger

Dew
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: today

Post by Dew » January 13th, 2014, 7:50 am

Wow...what a mental image...this conjured twice the subject of your 'today'...once for the idea of the long trail you must have taken (whether literally, figuratively, or just in your mind!) and again for the passing structure...which moved in my mind...you created motion with those four lonely words in the first line! Outstanding!!!!! - dew

godsplat

Post by godsplat » January 14th, 2014, 12:38 am

Wonderful imagery, I wish I had the spirit that it takes for such a journey in life!

ImageImageImage

Necmiye

Post by Necmiye » January 14th, 2014, 7:11 am

Exalt! Perfection.

One Haiku=Haiku. Two Haiku=haiku. Not haikus or haiku's. Thank you.

AoR

Post by AoR » September 22nd, 2014, 2:30 pm

The simplicity and quietness of the first line, those four words with a tinge of meek melancholic tone, really make the last two lines impact the readers senses. Very stunning and visually powerful, the poem can be read in different ways, your perspective open enough to several interpretations is brilliant and captivating. Beautifully written and definitely deserving of the Spotlight. :)

The one who isn't able to acknowledge his own self, will eventually fail.

Josie

Post by Josie » September 23rd, 2014, 3:53 pm

From my lonely trail:
A Buddhist monastery
Shrouded in thin mist

Many of us travel alone in life, whether it is a mental state or the reality of the world we inhabit. To suddenly see a Buddhist monastery would let N know that he or she is not really alone, that there are others focused on a solitary quest. This could be an imaginary image offering inspiration, comfort or direction to the N. To be shrouded in mist might mean the image is not quite within his reach or the destination he is seeking. Lots of interpretation possibilities open up with this minimalist presentation. Congratulations on the TPS Spotlight.

Image Image

LorettaYoung

Post by LorettaYoung » September 23rd, 2014, 8:17 pm

Congratulations. Beautiful images and very peaceful and pleasant read. What made it really ring for me was what Dew said, two images brought together so smoothly. Loretta

tangerinepie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by tangerinepie » September 23rd, 2014, 11:57 pm

I so wanted to be there and experience this awesome happening.It suggested a sojourn into a private world that remains unattainable, yet the peaceful atmosphere would reveal things we all search for..Enchanting Haiku and a memorable spotlight choice..Tangie..

ladymaybebaby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ladymaybebaby » September 24th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Perfect! I know it's just three lines, but that last one created such an image in my mind that transported me somewhere else... I love when poetry has that effect on me! Congrats on the much deserved spotlight!

-LMB
xoxo

Dew and I want you in our posse! Just PM us!

My latest poem: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42651

allmirth
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by allmirth » September 24th, 2014, 10:27 pm

I find this both visually and spiritually stirring. Lovely and thought provoking. Congratulations on the spotlight/

Thanks much for sharing.
Mirthy :lovey:

everhopeful
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by everhopeful » September 25th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Even the sound of this one is pleasing on the ear, never mind how pleasing it is on the eye.
I think we're all looking for salvation, but some of us experience thicker mist than others.
Congratulations on the spotlight.

potentialpoet

Post by potentialpoet » September 27th, 2014, 3:14 pm

The first thing I thought about after reading your poem was Peter Matthiessen's book, "The Snow Leopard." As I recall, the landscape there (in Tibet, mainly, I think) was rugged and bleak. The conditions were severe, a mental as well as a physical test. Even more than a mental challenge, it became, through his introspective lens, a spiritual journey, as well.

All this and more from the few choice lines you have masterfully written.