The Dream

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
everhopeful
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: The Dream

Post by everhopeful » September 25th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Although would hesitate to call it a happy ending, I can see how the ending to this poem brought about a sense of closure over a chapter of life that would sooner be forgotten, hopefully leading to a future where the new memories forged will help to eradicate the pain of the past.
A pleasure to see this again in the spotlight, congratulations!

David Wayne

Post by David Wayne » September 25th, 2014, 10:46 pm

everhopeful wrote:Although would hesitate to call it a happy ending, I can see how the ending to this poem brought about a sense of closure over a chapter of life that would sooner be forgotten, hopefully leading to a future where the new memories forged will help to eradicate the pain of the past.
A pleasure to see this again in the spotlight, congratulations!
At least I get to play catch up with my 3 grand children. That is a happy ending.
Thank you for the reply

David

potentialpoet

Post by potentialpoet » September 27th, 2014, 2:50 pm

Knowing what you are saying makes me more appreciative of how you are saying it, how you choose your words, construct images, and use sound and pace to strike the right tone. That others can relate their own suffering and forgiveness to this poem also speaks of its power to transcend the personal (although it is deeply personal).

David Wayne

Post by David Wayne » September 29th, 2014, 8:39 pm

potentialpoet wrote:Knowing what you are saying makes me more appreciative of how you are saying it, how you choose your words, construct images, and use sound and pace to strike the right tone. That others can relate their own suffering and forgiveness to this poem also speaks of its power to transcend the personal (although it is deeply personal).

Thanks for the reply. was glad to see that people could relate to this one.

David