This Ship (With Music)

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
shays1
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: This Ship (With Music)

Post by shays1 » September 10th, 2014, 5:59 am

The author tests the icy vast ocean waters with the tip of his toe hoping the waters will be warm enough to invite him in. It seems the speaker is being gently guided by a ship or "her" to find courage.

These words describe a "first love", be it for a woman or for a career in music, perfectly.
Best of luck to you!

surdemitriad

Post by surdemitriad » September 13th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Sounds great. Wish I could play a tune on the guitar with ya. I'v got ideas out the yin yang with this song of yours Mr. I agree with the first step ideas shay is saying but I also think this song is like a look into the past.
A step in the right direction probably, but i could see this song being played by at some grand music festival in the sixties. Great foundation for great music.

»the eighth note crescendo«ª

Sasha
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Sasha » September 25th, 2014, 12:59 pm

I love this! I think it's one of the best songs on here. I love this harmony created between the lyrics, music and singer's voice working together to present a perfect song with meaningful lyrics and effective narrative, like when something/someone comes into our life and make us change and have different point of views and we're ready to start a new journey with them, I truly love this, and actually would love to have it on my playlist.
Your first song? then I'm so looking forward to your next one.
Brilliant job, and welcome to TPS!

Sash

dwells
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by dwells » October 6th, 2014, 5:29 am

Welcome to TPS Zinc! The dark brown sails with brassy mast sound ominous perhaps, and not really sure who found who - so a sense of mystery is imparted. Hopefully not the Flying Dutchman! But then too maybe such a ship is just right for the night, and the wind, cheers!

ImageImage Image

AoR

Post by AoR » October 6th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Songs can reach out to so many people, I personally love music - words - that can create different images, feelings like this one does with beautifully effective grace. It is a lovely read truly, and to hear it with music is fantastic and gorgeous. I love the comments before mine, it gave everyone a different perspective, an image all unto their own - and all were very nice and vivid. Welcome to the site and I am glad to see this Spotlighted. Excellent piece and keep it up! :thumb:

The one who isn't able to acknowledge his own self, will eventually fail.

LorettaYoung

Post by LorettaYoung » October 7th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Congratulations; this is a very moving poem to read and the music is excellent; the harmony is just perfect, to me as the presence of this ship. Well done. Loretta

potentialpoet

Post by potentialpoet » October 9th, 2014, 12:12 pm

I read it and then listened to it. The music makes it better for me, especially in conveying the mood of the poem, which was nostalgic, hopeful, anxious, but mainly dreamy. Hazel sounds like a good ship!