Broken Glass

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
interactivepoet

Broken Glass

Post by interactivepoet » July 23rd, 2015, 12:04 pm

It was her eyes, those dull opaque celadon green eyes that bore through my soul to my spine, flexing a reflection of ripples in a pond that pulled us to her side. I could see the pain echo in her teeth, the shattering of porcelain on marble as she tried to ask me to help her. I took the coat from my back and wrapped it around her slender shoulders. I tried to help her to her feet but she fell back into my arms. I looked to my wife standing behind me, asking what we should do, and with solace we agreed to take the young woman to the hospital.

After ten minutes we arrived at the emergency room, I lifted her from the car and ran to the desk, I was worried, and half out of breath, when I was met by a nurse named Shaw, who brought a gurney up to lay girl on. They told us they would do the best they could, so we waited in the waiting room. Five hours pass, then ten, and finally when I was about to fall asleep, Shaw the nurse from before, came up and told us she is doing well. That if we didn't stop and help her when we did, she would not have lived much longer. They told us that we could go home as she would be there awhile, but I couldn't leave. So with my wives love, we stayed the rest of the night.

In the morning they let us into her room. Softly we entered as not to wake her, but to our soft sole taps her eyes opened looked at us, and smiled. Our hearts shattered and were reborn in the fragments of her gale.

It’s been two years now since we found her in the street, and while we may have helped her in a time of need, she changed our lives for the better, as now we call her our own.

Respectfully,

Interactive Poets

Challenging creative minds

Dew
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Broken Glass

Post by Dew » July 24th, 2015, 7:50 am

gorgeous sentiment...in helping other we can save ourselves. Its a delicious idea to fantasize with...but sometimes I'm just scared I wouldn't know what to do and wouldn't be of any use at all. thanks for this little peek into happy endings! and welcome to TPS! I hope you find a home in the sanctuary! - dew

sparky21737
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by sparky21737 » July 25th, 2015, 4:14 am

Wonderful senitiment in this piece. Helping others is a nice message. Thanks for sharing

Sparky

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light ~ Albus Dumbledore

Sparky's Poetry

JASON
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JASON » July 25th, 2015, 2:34 pm

Good catchy title, I really enjoyed this feelgood story...
Is it true??
Welcome to tps :thumb:

SabyCs

Post by SabyCs » July 28th, 2015, 1:41 am

Intriguing title I agree.The message conveyed in a really nice manner.
Good work.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » October 16th, 2018, 11:13 am

This is wonderful! Well done for your saintly charitable act and we'll done on the spotlight. Well told tale

ImageImage

Josie

Post by Josie » October 19th, 2018, 1:27 am

There is fear that you might injure a person by giving them help, but Narrator did not hesitate for her eyes bore through his soul to his spine. He recognized her pain echoing in her teeth like the shattering of porcelain on marble. How beautiful his wife, who stood behind him, and encouraged him as he gained the strength to carry her and drive the girl to the hospital.
Congratulations on writing this tale. It sounds like a true experience.

Image Image