Stayed At Home

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Liquid Bear
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Stayed At Home

Post by Liquid Bear » September 13th, 2017, 2:08 pm

The whole narrative was spellbinding and gave me chills. Really strong stuff, and quite an ominous ending which promises nothing good. Great poem.

Bear

Image Image

"I cry out for magic/I feel it dancing in the light/It was cold/Lost my hold/To the shadows of the night" (Ronnie James Dio)

SilentTears

Post by SilentTears » September 19th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Truly tragic and gripping. The first verse grabbed me and set a perfect stage for the rocky ride that inevitable accompanies remembering things like this. The imagery was wonderful and your message was powerful. I agree with Liquid Bear as well, a very ominous ending that kind of mirrors the last line of the first verse and ties everything together. Well done.

I let the sun on my skin.
Pretend I don't burn
I'm not burning here.
I just lay ash
On my eyelids,
And rub it deep into my
Bones.

6x winner of:

My Poet File

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » February 12th, 2018, 9:25 pm

so I just wanted to say this was amazing! I really love your stuff and I want to see more of it. I was held in thrall the entire time and I couldn't help but feel life slipping through my hands, wondering if I had wasted my future.

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application