Turning 45

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
rupertpupkin

Re: Turning 45

Post by rupertpupkin » June 11th, 2018, 8:35 am

Hi. Love the closing line in this.
Super little poem. Humorous and thought provoking at the same time. Welcome to TPS. Hope you enjoy it here.
(Don't forget to try and reply to 3 poems for every one you post).

ImageImage

Wes Corona

Post by Wes Corona » June 18th, 2018, 8:05 pm

45 is so long in the rear view mirror that I can no longer even remember it. Cherish it, for it comes but once in a lifetime.

Image ,Image, Image

Every day, life is a test. Pass this test, and you get another day.
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » July 4th, 2018, 6:52 pm

I'm not there yet but I do have the feeling even now of being in between and drifting sometimes. even though this is supposed to be my prime, it's just not...fun or purposeful sometimes. ah well.

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application

Versus
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Versus » July 5th, 2018, 10:19 am

The mirror does not lie - if there is light. The light is the mirror's adjutant: if you remove the light from the equation the silver general will be immobilized - if you prefer sweet lies rather than the cruel truth. Thanks for the read.

_______ V _______

jwesley
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jwesley » July 28th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Chronologically, yeah, I'm getting a little farther along than I want to be, like, to, how long are the parts going to continue working? I mean, think about it. I've been peeing for three-quarters of a century! That's a long time for any kind of pipe to continue to work - especially with as little maintenance as I've given the system.

Psychologically , with a big emphasis on the Psycho part, I live somewhere, depending on the day and what may or may not have transpired, somewhere between 15 and 35 years of age. In any case, the only problem I have with mirrors is my amazement at the scarcity of them, and why they put up so many pictures of some balding, gray-haired old man in places where mirrors should be.

I don't know. Maybe one day I'll get on my computer and see if the web can help me out there. Surely, someone else has noticed the same thing.

j.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » March 29th, 2020, 7:36 am

Loved this the first time and loving it again now that it has gained a most deserving spotlight. Well done with this one

ImageImage

Wes Corona

Post by Wes Corona » March 29th, 2020, 9:56 am

I "tuned" 74 this year. Not much different than 73, but for the coronavirus, long denied by the Great Pumpkin. Turning 45 is a wonderful work, something most everyone feels at one time or another.

Image ,Image, Image

Every day, life is a test. Pass this test, and you get another day.
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.