The Helmsman's Glance

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Joe Bluggs

The Helmsman's Glance

Post by Joe Bluggs » February 6th, 2019, 2:43 am

You sat in the ashes
Till the stars returned
and the deep rich skies
overcast and overtook
your weak mind
The wind whispered
near the dawn
That the coming day
would be for you
and it would be good
And the path from now
to there would be
the helmsman's charge
The bitter irony
and bleeding wound made
large for those to see
would be a light
wing dying in the pale
forever horizon

anthonycoll
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: The Helmsman's Glance

Post by anthonycoll » February 6th, 2019, 3:48 am

1 Peter 5:6-11 Absolutely beautiful, with a wistful touch and an uncanny hopefulness for the future while letting go and trusting in the Divine Helmsman to take you to a place of healing and renewed life and hopefully even to a state of calm and Happiness! It seems to be the design and nature of our earth home to grant most, and perhaps all us, some tough circumstances and experiences, where we can manifest our true envisioned destination and how we are going to get there - with the Lord’s help if that is indeed a part of us! Your poem is truly a work of art and thanks for sharing, Psalm 147:3, “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds”

Philip16
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Philip16 » February 9th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Wonderful imagery, Joe, and I see the wounded one surrendering to the deep sky, whispering wind and new day that is dawning. I think many attest to healing forces in nature. Really powerful lines at the end.

Remember, in order to facilitate community development, comment on 3 poems for every one that you post.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » February 27th, 2020, 7:23 am

Wonderfully poetic write and I assume based on scripture. Loved this one. Well done on the spotlight

ImageImage