Shoshin

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Joe Bluggs

Shoshin

Post by Joe Bluggs » January 28th, 2020, 4:38 am

I want to live
unnoticed like a flower
along a forest path
I want to disappear
like a snowflake on a
dark lake
want and greed
come chopping at my roots
but i will never
die
My Body is offered up
but my nature is
already growing
somewhere
else
I have been touched
deeply once or twice
in my life
Gazed upon
and left unseen
hidden, unnoticed.

* Shoshin is a word to describe beginner's mind in Zen Buddhism.
Last edited by Joe Bluggs on January 28th, 2020, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S(OU)LAR
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Shoshin

Post by S(OU)LAR » January 28th, 2020, 10:36 am

Reading the word "Shoshin" reminded me that every moment is new and pure like a fresh born baby without intellectual interference. Thanks for sharing.

anthonycoll
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by anthonycoll » January 28th, 2020, 10:29 pm

The longing for Peace is the contrasting result of so much turmoil that we find and experience in a self centered and devastatingly selfish world system that has been created by Godless hearts and minds lacking The Pure Love of Jesus Christ; As the song says, “Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me!” Have not heard from you in a long time; really good to read your words again! Thanks for sharing, anthony

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » January 30th, 2020, 2:22 am

S(OU)LAR wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 10:36 am
Reading the word "Shoshin" reminded me that every moment is new and pure like a fresh born baby without intellectual interference. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful insight, thanks for your response. :smile:

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » January 30th, 2020, 2:23 am

anthonycoll wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 10:29 pm
The longing for Peace is the contrasting result of so much turmoil that we find and experience in a self centered and devastatingly selfish world system that has been created by Godless hearts and minds lacking The Pure Love of Jesus Christ; As the song says, “Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me!” Have not heard from you in a long time; really good to read your words again! Thanks for sharing, anthony
Powerful and courageous words Anthony, good to see you again ! :wave:

Christopher11
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Christopher11 » January 30th, 2020, 9:18 am

To restart from a beginning and experience something new, invigorates our Spirits and Souls. Perhaps we should sit with Buddha, hold hands with Jesus, and cry with Muhammad, while trying to please Us.

Very much enjoyed,
David

FAITH

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » January 31st, 2020, 12:10 am

Thank you for sharing David, Ts Eliot said,

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"

Beginnings are often endings and vice versa, and often too the end is in the means, so the journey itself becomes the destination.

Namyh

Post by Namyh » February 10th, 2020, 12:26 pm

JoeB - Made me think of going thru a door in Life with a sign on it saying "Everything you were, leave outside the door. Everything you are, bring with you". Strange sometimes are the thoughts provoked by a creative work. Thanks for yours JB. Namyh

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » February 28th, 2020, 2:57 am

Namyh wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 12:26 pm
JoeB - Made me think of going thru a door in Life with a sign on it saying "Everything you were, leave outside the door. Everything you are, bring with you". Strange sometimes are the thoughts provoked by a creative work. Thanks for yours JB. Namyh
Thanks for sharing your response and beautiful words "Everything you were, leave outside the door. Everything you are, bring with you". Doorways and hallways I found have alot to say and teach us.

khurram

Post by khurram » March 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Super poem. Great message. I'm reminded of Wordsworth: 'She lived among the untrodden ways ... She lived unknown and few could know when Lucy ceased to be ...' The Zen is quite productive. The feeling of being a part of nature is soothing and realistic. I suppose, ethics follows, after such thoughtful sentiments. ... Cool structure. Many thanks, for sharing.

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » March 17th, 2020, 6:57 am

khurram wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm
Super poem. Great message. I'm reminded of Wordsworth: 'She lived among the untrodden ways ... She lived unknown and few could know when Lucy ceased to be ...' The Zen is quite productive. The feeling of being a part of nature is soothing and realistic. I suppose, ethics follows, after such thoughtful sentiments. ... Cool structure. Many thanks, for sharing.
Thank you for your kind words khurram, brought a smile to my face on this ruminative Saint Patrick's Day. Beautiful words from Wordsworth, a great blessing, thank you for sharing. Hope you are well and a Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you !!! :Or:
Hang on that should be a leprachaun lol... Thank you for your very welcome reading of that verse ! :)

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » March 29th, 2020, 7:32 am

Lovely write with many wonderful lines. Well done on a most deserving spotlight

ImageImage

soldierpoet

Post by soldierpoet » April 12th, 2020, 8:55 am

Deep, thought inducing piece; congrats on the spotlight!

"A professional makes his work play, and his play practice."

Soldierpoet's Archive
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20216[center][img] ... llenge.gif[/img][/center]