The Instrument

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Joe Bluggs

The Instrument

Post by Joe Bluggs » February 27th, 2021, 12:31 am

He played a tune
On his perfect violin

Living things
Remembered
Made his fingers move

Hard days
He began to smile

Soft days blowing
Down memories laneway
Riddling him awhile

Why a wooden thing
Should outlive its master
And why he hadn’t yet
Mastered a wooden thing

Faintly, then it sprang to mind
That he was an instrument of
The Divine
Something that would go on
Forever
And reach far back in time
Just a bellow, bow, string
Or key of a harmony emerging
From the ocean of the unseen
A vibrating light
Shimmering under
a pale horizon

anthonycoll
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: The Instrument

Post by anthonycoll » February 27th, 2021, 5:44 am

Jesus Christ is indeed, an instrument and also THE instrument of The Divine!!! Thank you so very much for the Enlightenment; I am Very grateful for someone like yourself that also TRULY values Enlightenment!!! Thanks for sharing your Poetry with all of us!!! anthony

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » February 28th, 2021, 4:04 am

anthonycoll wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 5:44 am
Jesus Christ is indeed, an instrument and also THE instrument of The Divine!!! Thank you so very much for the Enlightenment; I am Very grateful for someone like yourself that also TRULY values Enlightenment!!! Thanks for sharing your Poetry with all of us!!! anthony
You're very welcome Anthony glad you found something in that wee verse to lilt over. Thank you for reading and God bless. :wave:

S(OU)LAR
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by S(OU)LAR » March 1st, 2021, 8:23 pm

Any music played without an intention but for nothing but joy always moves me and wakes me up. Enjoyed reading.

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » March 4th, 2021, 4:17 am

S(OU)LAR wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 8:23 pm
Any music played without an intention but for nothing but joy always moves me and wakes me up. Enjoyed reading.
Thank you for your comment. Glad you found something musical in that little verse. I've heard more folk musicians and musicians, as you say, playing and singing for the love of it than i have heard professional, let's say highly paid, musicians. Can be just as exciting if not more so, to witness expression for it's own sakes as much as possible. Thank you. Joe.

Christopher11
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Christopher11 » March 4th, 2021, 9:39 am

The devil went down to Georgia looking for a soul to steal. I’m sure glad Johnny knew how to play. :wink:

Really enjoyed thinking about the sounds of vibrating Light. I wish more could hear it!

Very much enjoyed!
David

FAITH

Forestdawn

Post by Forestdawn » March 5th, 2021, 4:22 am

I'm definitely not musically inclined. But the sounds of the violin is soothing and full of splendor. You created a poem I could not only visualize, I could hear the sounds uplifting in my mind and soul. I loved it!

Forestdawn: Entwined in the love of nature, Goddess of the green grove

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » March 7th, 2021, 1:55 am

Christopher11 wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 9:39 am
The devil went down to Georgia looking for a soul to steal. I’m sure glad Johnny knew how to play. :wink:

Really enjoyed thinking about the sounds of vibrating Light. I wish more could hear it!

Very much enjoyed!
David
Thank you David, I remember that song well, I think it was a card game too, bargaining for that man's soul.
A friend of mine who had a big conversion to Christianity said he was in a card game one night and some guy
staked his own Factory and lost of course :angry: lol ...Vibrating light sounds good. Thanks for reading. Joe.

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » March 7th, 2021, 1:56 am

Forestdawn wrote:
March 5th, 2021, 4:22 am
I'm definitely not musically inclined. But the sounds of the violin is soothing and full of splendor. You created a poem I could not only visualize, I could hear the sounds uplifting in my mind and soul. I loved it!
Thank you !!!!! :flower: :wave:

Joe Bluggs

Post by Joe Bluggs » March 7th, 2021, 1:59 am

Joe Bluggs wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 1:55 am
Christopher11 wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 9:39 am

Very much enjoyed!
David
Thank you David, I remember that song well, I think it was a card game too, bargaining for that man's soul.
A friend of mine who had a big conversion to Christianity said he was in a card game one night and some guy
staked his own Factory and lost of course :angry: lol ...Vibrating light sounds good. Thanks for reading. Joe.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » May 3rd, 2021, 10:43 am

A wonderful piece and truly deserving of a spotlight. Well done with this beautifully written poem.

ImageImage

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » May 3rd, 2021, 10:43 am

A wonderful piece and truly deserving of a spotlight. Well done with this beautifully written poem.

ImageImage